If you’re looking for help sharing your words and connecting authentically to an audience, I can help.
Since May of 2015, my daily Medium publication, Higher Thoughts, has gathered a growing audience of 60k+ people (many of whom I actually like).
Has it been easy?
Has it been the most fulfilling kind of work I’ve ever done?
Can I show you how to do it?
I’ll be real here… I can’t do it for you. I can’t guarantee that you’ll have the kind of success I’ve had with it (but who knows, you may even go far beyond what I’ve done – hopefully so!).
What I do know is that Medium is the most powerful tool out there today when it comes to gathering your tribe around the written word.
I really believe that every passionate brand, business, artist, and solopreneur should build a Medium presence. You can showcase your enthusiasm and highlight your skills in a beautiful way in front of a huge audience of people who care. If you do this right, they’ll find you. This is the power of Medium.
But it helps a ton to know how to use it and navigate its waters.
As for my personal experience with Medium and my professional background in branding/marketing, I have a few fundamentals under my hat that can at least put you a few steps ahead of those who may not be privy.
But that’s just the technical aspect of this thing…
What really holds most people back from a genuine, successful blog is fear.
Many people are scared on several levels… Scared to speak their truth. Scared of ridicule. Scared to write a headline that doesn’t sound like every other click-bait headline out there today. Scared to write powerfully and vulnerably.
I help you dance with that fear. I call you to your highest self and hold you to it.
Not only that, there’s several creativity-boosting exercises and principles I’ve employed over the years to keep my idea muscle strong and my words flowing.
I’ve been there. I’m not just selling the thing, I’ve done the thing.
As I mentioned in my About page, I’m a ‘Top Writer’ on Medium.com in several categories including creativity, writing, self-improvement, life lessons, and inspiration to name a few (check out the spiffy badge they gave me…)
That said, I’d love to consult with you 1-on-1 for a nominal fee. I’m not cheap, but I have a trusted track record and I know that what I’ve learned will be valuable for you if you’re up for the task.
Private Coaching Program
(Me. Trying to look intense.)
I like to start with a 4-week program. If students would like to continue further, that’s done on a case-by-case basis. The 4-week coaching program consists of weekly 1-hour calls (via Zoom) and unlimited email coaching for one-off questions that come up during that time. We’ll customize it for your needs, but here’s the general rundown of the 4-week curriculum:
Week One: Your Mission & The Craft of Writing for the Web
- Determining your principles. Who is your work for? Who is it NOT for?
- Defining your reader (hint: we do this differently than any other program I’ve seen)
- Creating a profile that speaks to your reader
- Genuine shareability and what people look for on the web
- Formatting hacks
- The magic of images/.gif’s
Week Two: The Power of Publications
- Determining which publications you should write for (and how to connect with them)
- Starting a publication of your own (naming it, branding it, etc.) and how to use it as one of your most powerful tools
- Writing for your reader vs. writing for new readers (they’re quite different)
- Headlines, headlines, headlines (to clickbait or not to clickbait?)
Week Three: Capturing your audience
- Writing calls-to-action (get them moving towards your goals)
- Idea generation
- Tying your posts to a mailing list (your list is your most valuable asset)
- How to handle conversations/responses on Medium (most people have this wrong)
Week Four: Open Q&A/Discussion
- Whatever you want to talk about, we go into it an wrap it up.
As far as price, I typically charge $250/hour for one-off consulting sessions. But since this is a longer-term relationship, the full price for the 4-week program is $475.
I’ll only be taking on a handful of students, but if you fill out the form below, we can set up a free 20-minute consultation should there be room. I’d love to hear your story and see if I can help. If so, we’ll set up a program that works for you and hit the ground running.
I look forward to getting to know you/your mission and helping you build an authentic following on Medium.